Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Bayne upbeat about new changes at Roush

With the NASCAR Media Day taking place on Wednesday for Ford Performance teams Trevor Bayne was interviewed several times on the changes that took place at Roush Fenway including having veteran crew chief Matt Puccia coming on board and replacing Bob Osborne.

Trevor Bayne answers questions during Media Day
Bayne said he felt the new people from two years ago Kevin Kidd and Mark McArdle have finally settled in and taken their place in their company and made the right changes.  The one name that keeps coming up with every driver when they are interviewed is Kevin Kidd.  Kidd made the statement at the beginning of 2015 that "Rome wasn't built in a day, and they were rebuilding Rome."
While being interviewed by PRN this morning, Bayne brought up one of the main things he and new crew chief Puccia have discussed that was a big issue between him and Bob Osborne in 2015.

Bayne said the two had already had a lot of discussions and the main thing they discussed was communication.  During the 2015 season there were a lot of issues between Bayne and former crew chief Bob Osborne.  "I am very excited for this," stated Bayne on Sirius XM.

Kevin Kidd seems to the one making the right
changes at Roush Fenway for 2016
"Last year going into the, I really didn't know what to expect, and I said 'maybe, halfway, three-quarters of the way through the season we should see some progress.  We have some new people in and I think those new people Kevin Kidd, Mark McArdle have finally settled into their roles.  We were seeing a changing at Roush as we said last year this is a process and progress is being made, step after step and it's not going to be one big leap that puts us to the front again."

"I'm seeing a lot of good stuff happening at Roush.  Part of that is if you walk into our shop right now
you wouldn't recognize it from what it used to look like.  Used to we had it sectioned off into groups and you'd see all the 6 cars together, then all the 16, then all the 17.  Now we're all kinda inner mixed together where there is a lot of information being shared.

"The crew chief offices are side by side.  I am very excited to have Matt Puccia come on board on my team.  I feel like we've known each other for a very long time, since I got to Roush; and we talked about race cars and we have a lot in common.  He just had a baby girl a few weeks before I did, and its cool to be able to talk to him about that kinda stuff but also about race cars.  I feel like we have a lot of the same goals and there is a lot of great people, you will about it all day long as drivers come in; all the new people we have at Roush that bring a lot to the table.  And I am excited about it, I am ready to get started, I really am."

Bayne will also have a new spotter this season that I have yet to get the name of.  Also the No. 6 AdvoCare Ford Fusion will have a new paint scheme on board as well.

No comments: